Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sardar Patel College of Engineering
B.E. (Mech.), M.E. (CAD/CAM), Pursuing Ph.D.
Area of Research
- Perpetuating Technology Integration in Indian Autocomponent Industries
Representation on National Bodies/Societies
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Life Member(LM32959)
- Indian Society for NonDestructive Testing (ISNT) – Life Member (LM5786)
Areas of Interest
- Virtual Reality
- Virtual Manufacturing
- Product Life Cycle Management (PLM)
- Product Data Management (PDM)
- Collaborative Product Development
- Virtual Class Rooms
- Member of committee to increase intake in Vasant dada Patil college of Engineering for the course of Marine Engineering
- University Local Inquiry Committee (LIC) Member in academic Year 2008-2009 in Rizvi College of Engineering
- University Local Inquiry Committee (LIC) Member in academic Year 2008-2009 in K.J. Sommaiya College of Engineering Vidya Vihar
- University Local Inquiry Committee (LIC) Member in academic Year 2008-2009 in Vivekanand College of Engineering Chembur
- University Local Inquiry Committee (LIC) Member in academic Year 2008-2009 in Shah and Anchor College of Engineering Chembur
- Worked as a committee member in finalizing the proposals for various CAD/CAM software’s and CNC Machines in the year 2005 and 2007.
- Deputed as a counselling officer for counselling parents and students regarding Centralized Admission Procedure (CAP) of Engineering and Pharmacy Admissions for the academic year 2008-2009
- Deputed to Pravesh Niyantran Samiti as a Expert Committee Member by Directorate of Technical Education for verification of the final merit list of all the Engineering, MBA / MMS, MCA, Pharmacy colleges from Maharashtra for the academic year 2005-2006
Short Term Course attended
- Attended AICTE – STAFF Development program on “Product Life Cycle Management” -2 weeks (27th May to 9th June 2007) organized at PSG College of technology Coimbatore
- Attended STTP Training program on “Product Life Cycle Management” arranged by Production Engineering. Dept Nanded under TEQIP from 10th to 12th March 2006.
- Attended STTP Training program on “Mechatronics” arranged by Mechanical Engineering Dept., Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Andheri(w), Mumbai-58, from May 8th to May 12th 2006
- Attended AICTE – STAFF Development program on “Applications of CAD/CAE/CAM and IT in product development and Discrete Manufacturing” -2 weeks (6th November to 19th November 2005) organized at PSG College of technology Coimbatore.
- Attended short-term course on “Enabling technologies and technology driven practices for accentuating value chain management”- 4 weeks (May 9th 2005 to June 3rd 2005) conducted by Mech. Engg. Dept. S.P.C.E. Mumbai-58
- Attended short-term course on “Recent Trends in CAD/ CAM and CAE”- 2 weeks (25th October 2004 to 6th Nov. 2004) conducted by Mech. Engg. Dept. Amrutvahini college of Engg. Sangamner
- Attended short-term course on “Recent Developments in Manufacturing Technology”- 2 weeks (15th to 27th Dec 2003) conducted by Mech. Engg. Dept. M.V.S.R. Engineering college Hyderabad.
- Attended STTP course on Manufacturing Processes and Systems: An IT Perspective – One week (6 – 10 July, 2009), organized by department of Mechanical Engineering and department of Information Technology of K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Vidya Vihar (E) Mumbai-400077
- Attended One week Faculty Development Programme on “Managing Technology and Innovation for sustained development” from May 25 – 30, 2009 organized by Mechanical Engineering department and centre for continuing education, National Institute of technology calicut, under the sponsorship of Ministry of Human Resource department(MHRD) and All India Council for Technical education (AICTE)
One Day Seminars Attended
- Attended one day orientation programme in the subject of “Industrial Engineering and Enterprise Resource Planning” organized by Mech. Engg. Dept. S.P.C.E. Mumbai-58on 5th January 2005
- Attended one day Seminar on “Data Warehousing and Data Mining” on Saturday, 10th April 2004 conducted by Computer Engineering Department Thadomal Shahani Engineering college Bandra (w).
- Attended one day Seminar on “IT Trends and Challenges” on Tuesday, 30th August 2005 conducted by University of Mumbai and K.J. Somaiya college of Engineering Vidyavihar (E). Mumbai-77
- Successfully completed 5 day training workshop on Pro-E software at Rolta Company Adheri (E) Mumbai
- Attended one day Training Program on Admissions for MBA/MMA and MCA at Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Pune on 11th January, 2005
- Attended two day seminar on "Demystifying E- Learning" organized at CDAC, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai on 5th and 6th January 2008.
Level of Involvement for College activities
- Worked as Coordinator in the year 2005-2006 for carrying out admissions for first year MBA/MMS and MCA courses.
- Worked as Coordinator in the year 2005-2006 for carrying out admissions for first year Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- Worked as Coordinator in the year 2005-2006 for carrying out Second Year. Direct admissions for Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- Worked as SPACE EX-OFFICIO for the year 2004-2005.
- Worked as SPACE EX-OFFICIO for the year 2005-2006.
- Arranged Many Expert Lectures on NDT and other topics for Students.
- Worked as Coordinator in the year 2006-2007 for carrying out admissions for first year MBA/MMS and MCA, Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- Gave ISNT (Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing) membership to all the members in the college right through the Principal.
- Helped my department in introducing NDT (Non destructive testing) as a elective at B.E (Mechanical) level.
- Helped my department in setting the syllabus for NDT (Non destructive testing) with the help of NDT experts.
- Helped my department in starting a library of NDT (Non destructive testing) in conjunction with ISNT (Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing)
- Worked as CAS in charge during year 2004-2005.
- Passed MSC-IT Examination with 93 percent marks conducted by Government of Maharashtra in the month of December 2004.
- Elected as an Executive committee member for ISNT (Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing).
- Invited as Expert for selection of Lecturer at SGGS College of Engineering and Technology Nanded.
- Invited as External Examiner for M.E. (CAD/CAM) students at SGGS College of Engineering and Technology Nanded.
- Invited as Expert for selection of Lecturer at SGGS College of Engineering and Technology Nanded on 11th July 2007.
- “ERP and CRM implementations in Indian Auto Component Industries for cost arbitrage and global competitiveness”, accepted in the International Journal of industrial Engineering practices (IJIEP), Serials Publications New Delhi.
- “Leveraging Product Lifecycle Management software tools to make in Indian Automotive sector agile” accepted in National Journal IIIE
- “UNDERSTANDING BUSINESS IMPACT OF EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES ON PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURING IN THE FRAMEWORK OF PLM”International Conference on Logistics and Supply chain Management organized by PSG Tech. college Coimbatore in collaboration with Central Michigan University (CMU) USA on 2-4 August 2006.
- “VIRTUAL REALITY FOR PRODUCTIVITY & COST REDUCTION IN ACCENTUATING THE GROWTH OF INDIAN AUTO COMPONENT INDUSTRIES”International Conference on Advances in Manufacturing & Technology Management (ICAMTM 2007) held during 18th to 20th January 2007 at Parshvanath college of Engineering, Thane, Mumbai (India).
- “IDENTIFYING ROLE OF VIRTUAL REALITY IN TRAINING ANDEDUCATION THROUGH CREATION OF VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENTS”International Conference ISCO -2008 organized at Karpagam College of Engineering in collaboration with School of Mechatronics Engineering, University Malaysia Perlis, Malaysia, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India on 1st and 2nd February 2008
- "A Critical Review of Rapid Manufacturing (A Natural Progression from Rapid Prototyping) as the Nation emerges as a Global Manufacturing Hub”. National Conference on State of art of technologies in Mechanical Engineering (NCSAME-2004) Organized by. Department of Mechanical. Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University college of Engineering Hyderabad during June 29-30, 2004
- “Building a learning organization in the frame work of Knowledge management initiative” National Conference on World Class Manufacturing (WCM-2004) (in collaboration with Vidarbha Industries Association, Nagpur and sponsored by I.S.T.E. New Delhi) Organized by Department Mechanical and Production Engineering B.D. College of engineering, Sevagram, Wardha during 26th March, 2004
- “Ways and means of accentuating reverse engineering practices with the help of enabling technologies as the nation emerges as a Global-manufacturing Hub” National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (AIME-04) Organized b. Department Mechanical. Engineering Jawaharlal Darda Institute of Engineering and technology Yavatmal during 23rd& 24th April 2004.
- “Virtual Manufacturing – The Next Revolution in Global Manufacturing” National Conference on Innovations in Mechanical Engineering, organized by Department Mechanical. Engineering RMK Engineering College Kavaraipettai, Chennai during 17th and 18th September 2005.
- “Computer Aided Design of Gears- A CASE STUDY” National Conference on Innovations in Mechanical Engineering, organized by Department of Mechanical. Engineering RMK Engineering College Kavaraipettai, Chennai during 17th and 18th September 2005.
- “Customization of Unigraphics for Automated 3D modeling of Mould Base (HASCO) Standards - A Case Study”National conference on “Automation in Manufacturing Technology (NCAMT-06)”organized at Northern India Engineering College New Delhi on 24th & 25th March 2006.
- “Challenges and Enabling Technologies Available for e- manufacturing”National conference on “Automation in Manufacturing Technology (NCAMT-06)”organized at Northern India Engineering College New Delhi on 24th & 25th March 2006.
- “Virtual Reality Systems – Use in Rapid Prototyping” National Conference on “RAPID PROTOTYPING APPLICATIONS” organized at VNIT Nagpur on 10, 11 MARCH 2006.
- “PLM-Emerging Solution and Challenge for Globally Networked Enterprises supporting Product Development and Manufacturing.”National Conference on “RAPID PROTOTYPING APPLICATIONS” organized at VNIT Nagpur on 10, 11 MARCH 2006.
- “Virtual Reality Systems – A Critical Review” National conference on “Automation in Manufacturing Technology (NCAMT-06)”organized at Northern India Engineering College New Delhi on 24th & 25th March 2006.
- “Hierarchical model in technical education system using internal customer relationship management” National Conference in I.I.T, Roorkee, December 30.03.2003